Saturday, January 9, 2010

Just Say Yes


... cause quite often you haven't a clue what you are really in for.

"Hey mom wanna have a hot bath with me?"

"Sure," with a hint of reluctance.

We jump in and chat, the water fills up.

"I'm hot, and gonna get out. Actually, I just made this hot bath for you mom. And this isn't one of my pranks I really did. Now I am going to turn off the lights and get some candles to light for you."

Exit five year old to find the afore mentioned candles and return with daddy to help him light.

"Today is your lucky day and this is your treatment mom."

Exit five year old and daddy, leaving me to a hot bath, on my own, by candle light!"

And this is why I say YES!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome ...very good reason to say yes that brought a tear to my eye :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable! I definitely relate to what you're saying about just saying "yes" more often...it makes such a huge difference when you force yourself to be "available" to your kids.

    ReplyDelete